Monday, June 16, 2014

#MusicMonday- Jazmine Sullivan.

It has been 3 long years, but songtress Jazmine Sullivan is back!! 

I can still remember feeling crushed by her tweets in 2011. (In case you missed them, I added the tweets below. Read from the bottom up):



I'm super glad that's over now and that one of my fav's is back just in time for the summer

The Queen of the Relationship Anthems has returned with a new song called "Dumb" that features a verse from rapper Meek Mill. On the track she sings about a triflin man boy* who's been playing games with her and cheating. As Sweet Brown so eloquently put it, "Ain't nobody got time for that"!  

In an interview with Billboard the 27-year-old confirmed that she's finished with her third album, Reality Show, and I hope it drops later this year!

If you're wondering why the internets aren't going nuts about Sullivan's return, it's probably because the week the track was released, Solange went HAM on Jay-Z and the media made it seem like there was no other news to report. (WOMP!)  

Check out her first single from Reality Show below!




*See Daddy Pope's monolouge from Scandal. I'm not even sure if it relates to this post but I love it and I think it's the greatest thing ever.

(photo credit: Okay Player)

No comments:

Post a Comment