Monday, December 1, 2014

#MusicMonday- Banks.


Why hello there, you beautiful people!

 
Well, I'm back!...at least for the remainder of this year. I have so much to update you all on, but I'll wait for Wednesday's post for those deets.

Anywho, I thought I'd come back on this glorious Monday to expose you all to the wonderfulness that is BANKS. As usual, I'm late to the party when it comes to a few artists but I'm always happy I've discovered them.

The LA native has such a chill type of sound and the credible sources over at Wikipedia list it as triphop-like (apparently this is a genre that dates back to the 90's). She cites Lauryn Hill and Fiona Apple as a few of her musical influences and also released her debut album 'Goddess' back in September.

The first song I heard from her was "Goddess" and I immediately wanted to know more about this artist and why I hadn't heard about her sooner. Naturally, I went to Spotify and listened to everything that was available there. After an intense music sesh, I came to the conclusion that BANKS is my fav and I want her to be your fav as well! Check out the lyric video to "Goddess" below.

No comments:

Post a Comment