Friday, May 23, 2014

Feature Friday: Aleesha Carter of K A C Images and U, LLC.

Aleesha Carter is a publicist and CEO of her own firm, K A C Images and U, LLC.  After moving to Atlanta, out of college, she was able to network her way into the entertainment industry and has worked with a number of celebrities like Trina, Rick Ross, Cam Newton and many more.

In this interview she discusses career goals for 2014, finding a balance between work and personal life, and her favorite part of entertainment PR.



  • Brea: Describe your job in one sentence.
Aleesha: The art of capturing moments on behalf of a brand.
 
  • B: How would you say K A C Images and U differentiates itself from other PR firms?
A: K A C, Images and U, LLC. thrives on a significant foundation of relationships, consistency and value on behalf of the brand’s clientele abroad.  I wanted to build a name that is of significance to representing images that we consider as a reflection of our own. The name alone represents a strong meaning to my personal development. We remain a unique boutique that continuously strives on delivering results.
  • B: What is your favorite part of Entertainment PR?
A: I do not have one particular part of the entertainment sector when it comes to Public Relations; I am more enthused about the art behind being the talent, behind the talent. I love the creative chemistry that PR brings with it. The entertainment industry welcomed me with open arms, and it is enjoyable to be able to represent talent within such environment. If I had to decide on one area, it would be witnessing clientele deliver a connection with their audience.
  • B: Is there anything you dislike about the industry?

A: Being self-employed while also building your name can be challenging at times. In the midst of those obstacles, attempting to build a team whereas K A C, Images and U, LLC. can expand, as I see it in the future, can be a task.

  • B: What do you wish you would've known before starting your career in PR?
A: The one thing I wish I would’ve known prior to my career igniting is that as a PR professional, you learn more being hands on versus as a student in a classroom.

  • B: Networking is a huge part of PR, do you agree with the saying "your network determines your net worth"?

A: OF COURSE!!! As a PR Professional, the relationships established amongst the business sector you are experienced in or considering I imperative to being successful. I am always advising up-and-coming PR professionals and even interns; Networking (and establishing a diverse network) is the blueprint of a successful career. Your network will always be your net worth.

  • B: As fast paced as the world of PR is, in your opinion, what is one must have item every PR professional needs?
A: There are several things that a PR professional should always have with them in case of emergencies. If I had to select one thing, it would be an extra USB type cellphone charger where it can be plugged into a wall, car outlet or even a computer if needed.

  • B: Being a publicist comes with a pretty busy lifestyle, but you've managed to be superwoman! Not only are you Founder/CEO to a successful company, but you're also a mom. How do you find the balance between personal and professional life? 
A: Thank you, that means so much. Quite honestly, I am still a work in progress as both a mother first and then as an entrepreneur. I stumble at times, but ensure that it is made up to show my sons that they are the most important gifts in my life. I am learning the benefits to balancing my personal and professional life now. I have experienced some moments that forced me to look at my overall lifestyle including learning balance and they rewards from such. I was having the most difficult time giving even myself a moment to enjoy time just for me. 

I have endured losing a child in my hands, as well as, finding my father deceased unexpectedly within -8- months apart from one another more recently. Being honest, I have attempted to avoid this area in my life by focusing on my professional aspect, and I had to acknowledge that this process was not best for who I want to be and who I’m trusted to be on behalf of my brand. With this said, I have made myself give more time, more attention and guidance within my personal life and my children’s future. Looking at the way I carry myself though, one would not even know that I recently experienced even these moments personally. I try to resemble what I build my foundation on which are faith, confidence, trust and an image of strength.


  • B: Career wise, what are your goals for 2014?
A: My goals for 2014 are to remain a go-to-name within the entertainment industry while also networking and expanding my expertise in other arenas of business. I have a strong interest in the culinary and wine industries, as well as, working with more brands in the fashion sector.

  • B: What was the biggest risk you had to take for your career? Was it worth it?
A: The biggest risk thus far was believing that this specific path was for me, professionally. And even through the ups and downs within the PR industry, every footstep, sleepless night, nonstop grind during the campaign process was worth it all. I am honored when individuals speak to me about how they admire my work, respect my foundation or look up to me as a PR role model. My rewards come from this and my clientele trusting my creative and abilities to represent their brand and image.

  • B: For the random part of the interview, what song best describes your life right now and why?
A: At this very moment in my life, Beyoncé’s song entitled “Jealous”.

  • B: You've been a publicist for 5+ years now, what three tips would you give to someone just starting out in PR?
A: The first piece of advice that I would give any rising PR professional is to avoid being afraid in introducing who they are to the world. Secondly, take a chance on yourself and your career. Lastly, network even virtually!

Connect with Aleesha: Twitter | Website

No comments:

Post a Comment