Monday, December 30, 2013

#MusicMonday: Drake & Beyonce.

Beyonce, Drake

I originally planned to do a “Fav singles of 2013” list today but after I heard a Bey and D’Angelo mashup and got a double dose of Drake’s new songs, I had a new plan.

If you know me you know I LOVE GOOD MUSIC, so let’s get into it.

Back in September of this year, Mr. Soft Ghetto released his third album Nothing Was the Same. A track called Trophies that he previewed in a video trailer for his new album, didn’t quite make it on the album. But alas my pretties, Drake has finally given you what you’ve been waiting for.

And In case you missed it, in the wee hours of the morning on Saturday he released a remix to Soulja Boy’s song “We Made It” (SN: Where the devil has that child been??)While the song is pretty hot, the delivery reminds me three much of Migos ‘Versace’. WOMP!

Check out both tracks below and let me know which one is your fav.






Now prepare your ears for greatness.

Ya’ll know I love Queen Bey, right? If you remember shortly after releasing her fifth album she previewed it on iTunes radio and discussed each song. On Rocket she said, “Rocket is one of the (more) sensual songs, it reminds me of the vibe I got when I first heard D’Angelo’s Untitled.” Well Mashup King, JAYBeatz must have taken that comment and ran with it because he did what he does best and created a mashup with both songs. Talk about an eargasm!!! Just press play and tell me it how much it makes you want to smoke a cigarette after.



(photo credit: E Online)

No comments:

Post a Comment