Tuesday, December 31, 2013

2013: Girl Bye.




How in the world have 365 days gone by so quickly?? I can still remember signing up for my dreaded Finance class in January!

Honestly, I’m so happy this year is coming to a close. 2013 has been a year of regrets, high hopes, laughter, tons of tears and pretty much every other emotion under the sun. I’ve had great times this year and met some great people, but man am I ready for a change.

At the beginning of this year if you told me I would be back in my home town unemployed after graduation, I would have looked at you like you were crazy. I assumed my personality and recommendations from my past employer about my work ethic, would get me an entry level job. Little did I know, my choice of careers is all about who you know, not what you know. It’s also a “work your butt off balancing school, work, and internships” kind of thing and sadly I only focused on two of those.

2013 has taught me that life doesn’t go how you plan it but it goes by God’s plan for you. And while you may not understand why something is happening to you, you have to understand that it’s all happening for a reason. That alone has been my biggest obstacle to overcome this year and I’m still working on it.

As I say farewell to 2013, there are a few things I hope to accomplish before this day next year.
  1. Work on my relationship with God

  2. Intern at a few places

  3. Take a leap of faith (even if I don’t have a plan once I get there)

  4. be a more positive person when talking about myself

  5. let go of ALL negative people in my life

  6. [insert more things that I can’t think of right now]
2014 will be different for me in the sense that I will finally be making a vision board filled with all the things I see myself doing. By Dec. 2014 my hope is to look at that board with tears in my eyes because I’ve finally accomplished something that I wanted to do with my life for a change.

They say if you speak it into existence, it shall be done; so I’m claiming a few great things for 2014! I hope that you all are making goals for next year and reflecting on 2013 in all of the good, bad and ugly it came with. May your 2014 be filled with happiness, growth, and many blessings!!

HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL OUR FRIENDS OF FYGD!  Follow us on Instagram: http://instagram.com/darkskinfemales  fuckyeahdarkgirls!


No comments:

Post a Comment