Monday, June 23, 2014

#MusicMonday- Sam Smith.



















Due to keeping up with current events for my internship, I've been a frequent visitor to a ton of blogs lately. (I'd visit these blogs anyway, but I digress.) I noticed an artist, Sam Smith, being promoted on the sidebar of many of them. It wasn't until Saturday that I finally decided to give him a listen, and I'm so happy that I did.

This past weekend Mr. Smith stopped by SiriusXM Hits1 in New York and covered Whitney Houston's classic song, 'How Will I Know'. The 21-year old singer told Rolling Stone that it's
"A Whitney Houston song that makes me happy-- it's a feel-good song".


What I loved most is that Sam did an ACTUAL cover of the song and not just a "Sam Smith version" and called it a cover (like people do on Youtube *side eye*). Anyway, Sam slowed down the upbeat song and somehow also managed to get my friend in her feelings!  Like many English artists, he has such an incredibly soulful voice! Check out Sam's cover below.



 
(photo credit:Jon Ali)


No comments:

Post a Comment