Monday, June 9, 2014

#MusicMonday- Mya.


Just last week I was talking to a few people about how great music was in the 90's/00's and wondering what one of my fav singers, Mya, has been up to. I swear it's like as soon I spoke about her, she graced us with her presence via Youtube!

Mya is celebrating 16 years in the game and, as part of a 'Sole Sessions' series on ThatGrapeJuice.net, she sang acoustic versions of some of her 90's jams ("Moving On" and "Best of Me") and even a new track, "Super Woman". The new song comes from her recent and appropriately titled EP, Sweet XVI.

The singer also sat down for an interview saying, "I feel like I'lm just starting. I have so much that I want to bring to this next phase of my life." I hope the "net phase" includes a new album *insert emoji eyes* and I also hope it includes more acoustic songs, because I love this sound!

I wasn't quite sure which video to include to this post so I added two. Check out the greatness that is Mya below!







I'm really loving her new song! What are your thoughts?

(photo credit: MyaMya.com)

No comments:

Post a Comment