Wednesday, June 11, 2014

6 Emotions Every Entrepreneur Will Experience.


I often say that my life is like a roller coaster of emotions. And I think I have my journey as a small business owner to thank for that. Some days I'll wake up and feel so excited and ready to take over the world and then the next day I may be a total bucket of tears and not want to get out of bed. But it comes with the territory of being an entrepreneur and TRUST ME it is all worth it! Here are a few emotions you will probably experience through your entrepreneurial journey!

JOY!
You are doing what you love and profiting off of it! These little moments are what will remind you that even though this journey may be hard, it is all so worth it! Make sure you write these moments down to reflect on when times get rough.

Sadness.
These are the days where it will be hard to get out of bed because  something in your business isn't going as planned. Don't let those moments be the deciding factor on if you should keep going or not. I promise it won't last forever!

Fear.
Whenever you are doing something out of your comfort zone you will experience fear. Remember that fear is just an emotion and it can't hurt you. Let that fear fuel you to get up and press towards your dreams!

Confident.

Not many people can say that they get to do something that they genuinely love for a living. Being an entrepreneur definitely will give you an extreme boost of confidence.

Loneliness.
Starting a business is rough and will easily take up ALL of your free time. Sitting behind a computer or working on your craft for hours on hours can begin to feel lonely. It is important that you make some time to get out and enjoy your life with family and friends.

Excitement!
This is one of my favorite emotions that I've experienced since starting my business. You know that feeling at the pit of your stomach you get when you are expecting something amazing to happen? Imagine getting that feeling almost everyday! Being an entrepreneur is fun and is so exciting knowing that you are building an empire!

There will be rough days and days that will really make you question if this journey is for you. But like I said, TRUST ME it will all be worth it! Keep going and keep working through those hard times!


What emotions have you experienced on your journey?

(photo credit: Entrepreneur.com)

About the contributor: Alisha Nicole is a 20 something lifestyle blogger and shop owner working to help other creatives turn their passions into businesses. When she is not blogging or creating new pieces for her shop, she is most likely reading a good book or binge watching Netflix while cuddling her puppy.






1 comment:

  1. All of them specially loneliness. I love my small business and what I do, but my friends don't get that I don't mind spending a whole weekend working on my store. :(

    ReplyDelete