Friday, March 14, 2014

Feature Friday: Alisha Nicole.




  • Brea: Tell me about yourself
Alisha: I’m Alisha, 25 year old lifestyle blogger and small business owner currently living in North Carolina. When I’m not working you can find me getting my reality TV fix, stalking social media or playing with my pups.


  • B: What do you like most about PR?
A: What I love most about PR is being able to see the growth of brands and knowing that I had some part in making that happen! As a small business owner I know how great it feels to see your product show up on one of your favorite sites. I also love that PR because it requires me to use my other passions as well like writing and using social media.


  • B: As a fellow PR grad, what advice do you have for those who are graduating this spring?
A: I would definitely tell you to keep networking your butt off and building relationships even after you graduate. Also don’t get down if you haven’t landed your dream position yet, try things like doing some freelance work and/or blogging to stay in the PR loop.

  • B: If you could go back to undergrad, what would you do differently?

A: I wouldn’t have waited so long to begin interning and networking with other people who were interested in PR and entrepreneurship. I also would have started my lifestyle blogger a lot sooner.


  • B: Earlier you mentioned you were a small business owner, tell me about your business.
A: Yes! Eclectic Star is my handmade accessory line that I started two years ago. I have always been the crafty/creator type but wasn’t sure exactly what direction to go in. I started creating jewelry and fell completed in love with it! I create pieces for the “everyday girl”, so every thing is simple, very versatile and timeless.


  • B: Congrats on being in business for two years! How did you decide on the name Eclectic Star?
A: Thank you! I played around with different words for a long time trying to figure out something that fit my brand perfectly and meant something to me. I actually dreamed of the word Eclectic and woke up and immediately looked at the definition (Eclectic - a person who derives ideas, style, or taste from a broad and diverse range of sources) and had an “aha!” moment. And “Star” comes from the love I’ve had with stars since I was a child. 


  • B: You’ve done a great job branding yourself, in your opinion why is personal branding so important?
A: Thank you! I believe personal branding is important for ANYONE to do. Not only does it allow you to grow your network (which could possibly lead to new opportunities) but it establishes your credibility in your field.


  • B: For my favorite question, what song best describes your life right now and why?
A: It would definitely have to be Pharrell’s “Happy”. I feel like I am finally at a point in my life now where everything is coming together and is making sense. Even on my rough days there is still a reason to be happy!


  • B: Anything else you’d like to add?
A: Something I have struggled with and learned since starting my own business and blog is that fear can be the main cause of you not going after your dreams. It’s extremely important to remember that fear is just an emotion and the only thing that can stop you is you! I also love talking to people about their dreams and helping them figure out exactly what it is that they want to do, so feel free to email me with any questions!

Connect with Alisha: Blog | Twitter | Facebook | Instagram | Email= TheAlishaNicole@gmail.com

****UPDATE: Since the post, Alisha has re-branded her shop to Early August and creates dainty pieces for the everyday girl and soon to be expanding into apparel and small home decor items! Through her personal blog The Alisha Nicole, she still shares daily tips on business and blogging and has included a new series called #HERSTORY where she interviews some of her favorite women business owners. Alisha also now offers one-on-one business coaching services for creative women looking to grow their business or turn their passion into a new venture.

No comments:

Post a Comment