Monday, January 27, 2014

#MusicMonday- The Grammy's

Last night, the who's who of music gathered together to celebrate the epicness that was 2013! All with hopes of taking home one of those gold sippy cups grand awards.
This post could go in a number of different directions, from the fashions of last night to the fact that it was an extremely long show; but for now, I'll just write about the performances.
There were a ton of performances at The Grammy's and a few that weren't so memorable, but we won't get in to that.
Catch a few of my favs below:
  • Kendrick Lamar and Imagine Dragons- I'd say this performance is easily one of the best from last night. It's also a modern day Linkin Park/Jay-Z collab from a decade ago (my goodness I'm old).

  • The Carter's- Pretty sure everyone was looking forward to this performance, but if you weren't then you obviously don't love yourself. Jay and Bey opened the awards show letting America know they're a little drunk in love. (SN: I really do love how in love they are. I think last night was the most PDA I've seen from them at an awards show.)

  • Katy Perry and Juicy J- Although some people think Katy's set was something out of a middle school play production, I thought all the props went with the theme of her song "Dark Horse". And it looks like she's been hanging out with Rih too long. Did ya'll peep her dropping and shaking it on the witch's broom pole in the background? Hmm hmm I see you, Katy.



  • Daft Punk, Pharrell Williams and Stevie Wonder- I have nothing to say except for YES! Also, Yoko Ono got those moves! Lol

  • Pink- Who doesn't love my girl Alecia? She's out here swinging from ceilings, doing all kind of acrobatics and still not missing a note! Gotta love her.


  • Macklemore and Ryan Lewis and Madonna- I really don't like that "Same Love" song (Sorry not sorry) however, what happened during this performance will definitely go down in history...but that is the ONLY thing I'm here for. (SN: Who knew Queen Latifah could officiate a wedding? Coolness!)


What did you think about the performances last night? Leave your comments below!
Stay classy, ya'll
image

No comments:

Post a Comment