Monday, May 5, 2014

#MusicMonday- SZA.


So it's pretty safe to say that I'm really behind on listening to new music/artists; however, this past weekend I came across Kendrick Lamar's label mate, SZA. The 23-year-old singer has a laid back kind of sound, which has been described as "hipster- hop/alternative R&B". SZA released her debut album, Z, back in April following her earlier EP's See.SZA.Run and S.

The first song I had heard from TDE's first lady was "Warm Winds", and let's just say I hit the replay button a few more times than I'd like to admit. On the hook she sings, "Sometimes we hate to leave somebody. What's happening to we? Warm winds on a space ride. When I call your phone on a late night. I recall your soul and it taste like...Gardens, flowers, Warm Winds". 

I can't wait to see what else she has in store for us because my SZA listening session has yet to end. The video to "Warm Winds" is below so sit back, press play and listen to the wonderful sounds of Miss SZA.



(photo credit: HNHH.com)

No comments:

Post a Comment