Monday, March 3, 2014

#MusicMonday: The Oscars Musical Moments.

In case you happened to be living under a rock last night, everyone and their mom was tuned into the 86th Annual Academy Awards show, better known as The Oscars.

While there were a number of memorable moments last night, including some from the ever so funny host Ellen DeGeneres, the performances are what I’m here to discuss! Can you believe that in the 4 hour long show, there were only 6 performances?!? I know it’s not The Grammy’s but my goodness.

Check out my top three favs below:

So I couldn’t decide between these 2 performances so they’re tied at 3

3. Bette Midler- Wind Beneath My Wings

Let’s just not even talk about how this song is amazing, and extremely emotional, but the fact they got the legendary Bette Midler to perform it just makes it even more amazing! Go ahead and grab a tissue then click play. (Starts at 3:50)



3. Idina Menzel- Let It Go

Now I’m not sure if this made the list because I felt bad at how John Travolta butchered her name in her introduction or if it’s because I love this song more than I’m wiling to admit. Either way, after her announcement of divorcing Taye Diggs last year, Menzel definitely has a hit on her hands. I can’t even remember what life was like before I heard this song— it’s EVERYWHERE! Catch Menzel’s performance below and let me know what you think!



 
2. Pink- Somewhere Over the Rainbow

If you know me (or follow me on Twitter) you’d know that Alecia Moore is my BFF in my head! I’ve followed her career through all of her genre transitions and I think she is sooo super talented! Now when I heard Pink would be performing at the Grammy’s I just knew she would be hanging from ceilings doing all types of Cirque du Soleil moves! However with this performance, my girl chose to keep it simple as she sang “Somewhere Over the Rainbow” to honor 75th anniversary of The Wizard of Oz. Check out the epic slayage Pink serves the audience!



1. Pharrell- Happy

Listen, if this song doesn’t make you dance like you haven’t a care in the world, then I suggest you reevaluate some things in your life! Happy is an instant mood booster and is an awesome song! Not only is the song a bucket full of awesomeness, this performance is also great! I love that Pharrell interacted with the audience and allowed viewers to see their fav stars shake little somethin lol. Just see for yourself!



Sorry to U2 and Karen O but I definitely took some kitchen/phone call breaks during those performances. I’ve provided the link to them in case you want to watch and compare.

Let me know which performance was your favorite in the comments below!

No comments:

Post a Comment