Monday, March 31, 2014

#MusicMonday- Flashback to 2004.

   

Not to say that I don’t get excited to listen to music today, but it’s definitely not the same. Remember back when music was the soundtrack to your middle school/high school life? Yeah, so do I.

2004 was a great year in music if I do say so myself. Last week on Twitter I kept seeing people tweet about Usher’s Confessions album, then it donned on me that some of my favorite songs/albums will be 10 years old this year!! I can’t believe I’m getting old its been so long! To put things more in perspective for you, it’s been 10 years since the Janet/Justin Superbowl wardrobe malfunction, since the last episode of Friends, since The Notebook was in theaters, since Britney married K. Fed, since Tina Fey gave us the greatest quotable movie ever; Mean Girls and since Lindsay Lohan released her album “Speak”….Wow.

Thanks to this lovely list on Buzzfeed I’ve taken my top 5 favs and listed them below (in no order, btw). Check it out if you’re feeling nostalgic.

1. Usher- Confessions

Literally every song is everything I never knew I needed to hear. I don’t think there’s one song on that album I’ve skipped! And I understand that music is different now but I need Usher to put this team of people back together and whip up another album. Not sure if album success that big can happen more than once in an artist’s career but I’m rooting for Usher!



>


2. Gwen Stefani- Love.Angel.Music.Baby



I don’t know about ya’ll but in my opinion, Luxurious still knocks!! Not to mention the other hits on the album like Cool, Hollaback Girl and Rich Girl. Ahh!! I mean I loved when Gwen was in No Doubt but when she went solo, I was SO here for it!


3. Kanye West- The College Dropout

I’m like 99.9% sure if you ask people what their favorite Kanye album is, most will mention The College Dropout. The entire album is everything!! Kanye received 10 Grammy noms for The College Dropout and it was voted as album of the year by Rolling Stone and Time named it one of the best 100 albums of all time. If that doesn’t tell you the amazingness from this album then I don’t know what will.



4. Ashlee Simpson- Pieces of Me

Every time I hear this song, I want to thank Ryan Cabrera for being the inspiration for Ashlee to write this song.  This is my JAAAAMMM!



5. Britney Spears- Toxic

To be honest with you, when this song came out, I had no idea what it was about and 10 years later I still don’t know what she’s talking about. Lol but what I do know is that this song is really catchy and it has a great beat! Definitely one of my favorite Britney songs.



6. Destiny’s Child- Cater 2 U: Their album “Destiny Fulfulled” had some pretty awesome singles and the only reason I chose this song is because of their performance from the BET Awards. If you haven’t seen this performance it will seriously be the best 5 minutes of your life.



Honorable mentions:

Leave a comment below to let me know which song from 2004 is your fav! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment