Monday, December 23, 2013

#ICYMI: Another 'Yonce Weekend.

Last week the Creole Princess released her fifth studio album and seriously had the whole world losing their edges from excitement! If you were on any form of social media then your timelines, dashboards and newsfeeds were filled with Bey ALL WEEKEND. Welp, Mrs. Carter’s is back again this weekend with more ‘Yonce fun!

Following her concert at Brooklyn’s Barclays Center on Friday, Queen Bey held a private album release party at the best adult Chuck E. Cheese place around: Dave & Buster’s. From the looks of her Instagram it seems like she had a ton of fun. Congrats, girl!

Beyonce

Sometime last week, Target announced that they will not carry Bey’s self titled album in their stores. That is when I believe her team started plotting, honey. Those folks at BeyHive HQ are geniuses I swear, because they decided to put her album in select Starbucks locations in the U.S. Where are many Starbucks coffehouses located you asked? That’s right, inside Target stores!!!! (*Trina laugh* Bye Felicia!)


She then went to a Walmart in Massachusetts and gifted $50 gift cards to everyone in the store!! Listen to her announcement to those lucky Walmart shoppers below.


And that my friends wasn’t even the last of it. During Saturday Night Live, a commercial for her new album aired, but instead of ending with “buy on iTunes” it ended with “available at Walmart”. LMBO!!! That is some of the best shade throwing I’ve seen in a while! I seriously love her team and everything they’re doing.

On a serious note though,Target needs to stop being Bitter Betty’s by refusing to stock albums because they
didn’t get the exclusive release first. We are in a new era of how music is being bought. Not too many people buy a physical CD anymore, boo (I still do, though. I guess I’m old school).

I love Target stores and all of the upscale/bougie Walmart vibe it gives me, but I need them to do better.  Maybe they could team up with Amazon (since they also decided to join in the “Strike on Beyonce”) and get exclusive new music from artists.

But wait, the Beyonce Weekend doesn’t end there, kids!

According to EOnline,  on Saturday Miss ‘Yonce hosted a director’s screening for her album at the School of Visual Arts Theater in New York City. After viewing those 17 phenomenal videos, she answered fan questions via Instagram and spoke more about how her fifth album all came together.

Let me just say that I am highly upset no one told me she answered questions on Instagram, but for now, lets get into her attire from the event.

image

Mama SLAYSSSS!

No comments:

Post a Comment